This position serves as a support position within the Accounting department by maintaining accounting records, accounts payable transactions, and providing general accounting record transactions and maintenance assistance.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Opens, sorts, and distributes mail daily.
- Processes invoices, for approval and distribution; Mails tenant invoices and notifications; Verifies that all recurring payments/receipts are recorded and accurate for the month the expenses are incurred.
- Performs data entry of payables transactions in the accounting system. Prepares checks and reports. Runs tapes on the check batches and processes all company checks for signatures. Mails checks upon receipt of all required signatures.
- Serves as back up for other divisions’ payables, processing purchase orders when needed.
- Performs manual filing when needed, including the filing of original invoices and the “working copy” of all invoices.
- Processes daily timesheets. Compiles, sorts, codes and enters payroll time with proper codes per employee into the payroll system.
- Creates job cost cards/projects for new projects and enters information in the accounting system.
- Job costs company credit card payments and credits for proper allocation and record keeping.
- Manages accounting records to ensure information is organized and accurately maintained.
- Any other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required.
- Associate’s degree in Accounting or related field preferred.
- Able to understand basic correspondence, instructions, rules, policies, graphs, and/or charts.
- Able to perform basic arithmetic (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division) and use basic numeric concepts (whole numbers, percentages) to complete job tasks. And can make reasonable estimates of arithmetic results without a calculator.
- An attention to detail with exceptional proofreading and editing skills.
- Effective communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong proficiency with Microsoft Office products.