We strive to share our success with the employees we hire, the partners we rely on, the tenants we serve, and the communities in which we develop.
Our Shared Success
We’ve spent 75 years developing—developing projects, developing relationships with our clients and employees, and developing a better Pittsburgh—and we have a lot to show for it. We’re proud of the success that we’ve had over the years, but it’s not what drives us. We view our financial strength not as a testament to what we’ve accomplished, but to what we will do next.
We are a hometown company with a rich heritage that’s built on being a good neighbor. While we strive to succeed as an organization, doing good for the greater good is every bit as important to us.
- We take seriously the responsibility that Jack Buncher bestowed upon us to carry out his vision for strategically growing and strengthening the Company for the benefit of the community.
- Our Buncher team members take great pride and responsibility in the fact that our shareholders are an impressive line-up of charitable and nonprofit organizations, and as we do better, these organizations can do more of their valuable work in the community.
- We pride ourselves on working responsibly toward solutions that benefit our clients, community and shareholders.
When good things happen around us, good things happen to us. We strive to be part of shared progress and provide our communities with social, economic, and environmental benefits through collaborative planning and development.
- Sustainability is not just a word but an approach we embrace in our corporate philosophy, and we strive to be good stewards of the land we develop.
- We annually hold fundraising and volunteer events to create awareness for the work of great community organizations and to foster even stronger camaraderie with one another. We’ve supported organizations such as Light of Life Mission, The Greater Pittsburgh Food Bank, Dress for Success, Project Bundle-Up, KDKA-TV Turkey Fund, Beverly’s Birthdays and Homeless Children’s Education Fund.
- Many of our Buncher team members serve on the boards for various organizations, including United Way of Southwestern Pennsylvania, American Heart Association, the Allegheny County Conservation District and the Institute for Entrepreneurial Excellence at Pitt.
We take our responsibility to our shareholders very seriously and work to deliver market returns to support their charitable undertakings.
Without execution, a vision is merely a plan. Our founder, Jack G. Buncher, had a vision of revitalizing what had been deemed unusable. That vision took flight and made The Buncher Company the multifaceted organization it is today.
We rely on our internal and external board members’ vast experience and expertise to guide our organization as we pursue new opportunities for growth.